Cheap Date Ideas for Engaged Couples
Don’t let the pressures of planning a wedding put a damper on your relationship. Take time out for dates that don’t include three hours of wedding decisions. Here are some ideas.
- Wedding video party—Invite newlywed couples over to watch highlights from their wedding videos. Get ideas as couples share stories from their days.
- Day trip it—Take a Saturday to explore a nearby town. Pack a picnic and eat in a park after window-shopping along the main street.
- Do something neither of you have done before, an activity you’ve never tried but both think would be interesting. Visit the flea market or local tourist traps just for fun.
- Photograph each other. Nothing could be more romantic than capturing the beauty you see in your partner in a photograph. Go to a local park, gardens or downtown and snap away. Try to take a few of both of you together. You can use the photos later to add a personal touch to your wedding showers or reception.
- Look up special events in the newspaper like bridal fairs. I have mixed feelings about bridal fairs, though. My experience has been that those places are teeming with people who want to take your money. But I have heard of several couples who entered contests and actually won stuff — big stuff — from free tuxes to honeymoons. Just be prepared to get a mailbox full of junk mail from vendors up to a year after. At the very least, pick up a local wedding guidebook and check out coupons or discounts for services you’re already planning to use.
Other Cheap Date Ideas
- Hiking and nature walks
- Bike riding
- Historical sites
- The Zoo
- Factory tour
- Walking tours
- Public gardens
- Pizza party
- Pot luck dinner
- Progressive dinner
- Fondu party
- Sundae party
Our Best Blog Posts
These are some of the best posts on FreeShipping.org. We hope you enjoy them.