FreeShipping.org was founded in December 2007 by husband-and-wife entrepreneurs, Luke and Maisie Knowles. The goal of the site is to provide shoppers with an easy, one-stop destination for free shipping offers to the stores they want to shop at. We partner with hundreds of the most popular merchants -- including major retailers like Lands' End, JCPenney and Victoria's Secret -- allowing customers to find free shipping from their favorite stores.
After our initial launch, we quickly discovered we weren't the only ones tired of paying high shipping costs when shopping online. As our offers expanded, so did demand. This sparked us to create the brands FreeShipping.ca and FreeDelivery.org. These two sites now help shoppers in Canada and the UK find hundreds of free shipping offers.
Our greatest success has come in the form of the shopping holiday, Free Shipping Day. It features thousands of merchants offering free shipping and guaranteed delivery by Christmas Eve. In 2011, more than 2,600 merchants participated in Free Shipping Day, generating over $1 billion in online sales. In the same year, the shopping holiday went global with the introduction of Free Shipping Day Canada. The international event was a smashing success and should continue to grow in years to come. After only four years, Free Shipping Day has surpassed Black Friday and stands side by side with Cyber Monday.
Working as a team, our talented and diverse staff strives to save shoppers as much money as possible with the best free shipping offers and coupons. Let them know how much you appreciate them.
A Few Statistics:
- Monthly Traffic: 500,000-1,000,000
- Blog Posts: 500+
- Employees: 10
How We Got Here:
- December 2007: FreeShipping.org launches from the home of Luke and Maisie Knowles with 500 merchants.
- January 2008: FreeShipping.org blog is launched.
- October 2008: FreeShipping.org hires its first employee. He's still working for us.
- November 2008: Luke Knowles publishes "The Free Shipping eBook."
- December 18, 2008: First-annual Free Shipping Day featuring 250+ merchants. The event was put together in less than two weeks.
- December 2009: FreeShipping.ca launches. Canada rejoices.
- December 17, 2009: Second-annual Free Shipping Day featuring 750+ merchants.
- March 2010: FreeDelivery.org launches. More rejoicing.
- April 2010: FreeShipping.org expands offices to a modern loft.
- December 17, 2010: Third-annual Free Shipping Day featuring 1,500+ merchants and is the third largest online shopping day in US history with $942 million in sales.
- December 12, 2011: First-ever Free Shipping Day Canada delivers holiday joy across the Great White North.
- December 16, 2011: Fourth-annual Free Shipping Day featuring 2,600+ merchants and more than $1 billion in sales.
FreeShipping.org has partnered with Child Development Nepal since 2015 to help provide for the health, nutritional and educational needs of hundreds of marginalized children living in remote Himalayan villages.